Independence Anesthesia Services (division of Icon Medical) https://www.ias.health/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/JB-Square-200x200-1.png https://www.ias.health https://www.ias.health true
Locum Anesthesiologist Opportunity in VA | No call/no Weekends | 115823
Portsmouth, VA 23707 US
2023-04-19 2023-07-03 Type of Job: Temporary Job Number: 115823 Provider Type: Physician
Seeking an Anesthesiologist for a locum tenens position in Virginia.
- Specialty: Anesthesiologist
- Practice Setting: Hospital-Based
- Dates/Coverage Needed: May 1, 2023, for 3 months w/ the option to extend.
- Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM. No call and no weekends.
- Case Mix: General surgical cases on adults, minor nerve blocks, IV regional anesthesia, plexus anesthesia, complex vascular cases (except for open heart), complex ortho cases, regional anesthesia, local infiltration, spinal anesthesia, vent management, insertion of central & arterial line, evaluation & management of acute volume/BP issues
- EMR System: EPIC
- Patient Age Demographic: Adults
- # of ORs: 13
- Average # of surgical cases per day: 150/year
- Support Staff/CRNA Supervision: Will supervise CRNAs at a 1:4 ratio. 10 other Anesthesiologists within the practice.
- Credentialing Time-Frame: 90 days; temps are avail for clean providers who are already VA licensed
- Active Virginia License Required
- Board Certified Required? Yes, ACGME or AOA
- Active Virginia DEA Required
- PALS & ACLS Certifications Requires
- COVID Vaccination Required
- Travel/Lodging/Rental are covered
The Independence Difference:
- Never worry about your travel accommodations again! In addition to our in-house travel team, IAS is proud to partner with Christopherson Travel for additional after-hours support.
- All Independence providers will have access to comprehensive benefits including healthcare coverage through the Independent Contractors Benefits Association (ICBA).
- Never wait for payday, we pay our providers weekly!